Our comfortable guest rooms
We offer double and twin en-suite rooms and all rooms are centrally heated with individual thermostat control in each room.
The Bathrooms have been recently upgraded and all have showers and baths except two rooms which have walk in showers.
at The Old Bakehouse B&B
All products and food are sourced as locally as possible, and breakfasts are freshly cooked to order.
We offer a wide range of breakfast dishes and additional daily specials.
We are also delighted to offer Special Diet Menus and hold a stock of Vegetarian, Vegan,Diabetic,Non-Dairy,Lactose Free and Gluten Free food items.
Light snacks can be ordered from the Room Service Menu, these can be served in Guest Rooms, the Guest Lounge or the Courtyard Garden.
Out for the day- packed lunches and flasks are available on request.
The Old Bakehouse retains a wealth of charm and interesting features, with beamed dining rooms and a cosy guest lounge, with newspapers , magazines , board games and bar service.
Read our Access Statement
Access Statement for The Old Bakehouse, Colyton, Devon
The Old Bakehouse is located in Colyton, East Devon.It is situated centrally, but in a quiet location and within a few minutes walk of the Market Place and main amenities.
The rear courtyard garden is a pretty and peaceful area, a great sun trap.
There is secure parking there for 4-5 cars.
The Old Bakehouse B&b is not suitable for guests with walking difficulties.
Although the ground floor is mainly on the flat, there is a step down to public toilets, which are accessible to frame walkers but not to wheelchair users.
• Garden is flat but has 4 steps to backdoor.
• Handrails on both sets of steps
•There is public transport nearby: bus stop 500 yards away, and trams to nearby coastal town of Seaton [running most of the year] Good taxi services.
• In coming telephone available, or use of owners’ portable landline.
• Mobile phone signal inside variable, depending on network, but good signal outside.
• Nearest coast less than 3 miles away.
• online connection with broadband available to access
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Parking for 5 cars - access to car very good
• Stair [shallow] to front door, wide but no handrail
• Sensor lights in parking area
Main Entrance, Reception
• Main entrance reached via front door
• Entrance hall leads to main stairs to guest bedrooms
• Also leads to ground floor toilets, guest lounge and dining rooms
• Flagstone floors in hall and toilets, ceramic tiles in dining rooms, all other areas carpeted.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
All bedrooms are located on first floor.
• Stairs to bedrooms, no lift available [Listed Building ].
• Good lighting in all areas via wall lights and lamps on timers to cover guests retiring later• Some room doorways slightly lower
• Carpet on stairs and landing and bedrooms
• Doors with handles and knobs, own room and front door key for easy access
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• Dining area well lit, all on the flat
• Good lighting in all areas as well as table lamps
• Lounge with sofas and armchairs, of different heights
• Plenty of side tables
• All areas centrally heated with thermostat controls to all radiators
• Utility room and drying room available, no public access though, staff are able to deal with laundry and/or drying requests
• No disabled facilities unless mobile with frame or sticks
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
• Dining area , all on flat .
• Licensed area when restaurant is running
• cycle paths, walks
. golf, horse riding, swimming, antiques centre, all nearby, within a radius of 3 miles max
• Boot scrape
• courtyard garden with seating, gravelled area,reached on flat ground from front door, or accessed from back door via three steps down with handrails
• Cycle store and secure car parking on site[ with gates locked at night]
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• 5 bedrooms all carpeted, reached via carpeted stairs from hall,banisters and grab rails by all stairs
• All rooms equipped with tea and coffee making, fans for hot weather, drinking water
• TV in all bedrooms,all rooms ensuite with bath and shower, one room has walk-in shower only
•Grab rails in all baths and showers,a long with non slip mats
• B&b dedicated area with iron, tumble drier, fridge, maps, walk and cycle routes, reading books
• Fresh milk provided for all rooms
• spare light bulbs,torches,free wifi• Family rooms, 2 cots available, highchairs, baby monitors, max 4 persons to a room, use of microwave
Diets and special needs
• The accommodation caters for hearing impaired, but is not recommended for visually impaired visitors unless accompanied
•Menus are provided for all guests and reviewed daily
•Choice of cooked, continental, diabetic,vegetarian,vegan and gluten free menus offered
•Packed lunches and flasks available
•Evening meals available during restaurant hours
• French, German,Spanish,Swedish and some Italian spoken here• Information Handbook in all rooms.
• Downstairs lobby contains large array of local venues,activities leaflets etc
• No smoking allowed
• No pets allowed
List of useful numbers available in all rooms
Owners mobile telephone number for emergencies
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01297-552518
or email : firstname.lastname@example.org